Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Hidden Gem

Weathervane Wednesday is an on-going series of photographs I post every week.  I started out by publishing only weather vanes from the Londonderry area, but now I've been finding interesting weather vanes from all over New England.  Sometimes these weather vanes are whimsical, or historical, but all are very unique.  Often, my readers tip me off to some very special and unusual weather vanes.

Today's weather vane is from somewhere in New Hampshire.

Do you know the location of weather vane #322?  Scroll down to see the answer...




This weathervane was sent in by my friend Diana LeBlanc.  It is located in her friend's backyard in Londonderry, attached to her railing.   The owner of this weathervane had a husband who was a firefighter.  Isn't this a great tribute to him?  

The weathervane is a three dimensional fire helmet and megaphone.  This makes me think that perhaps the firefighter who owned this weathervane was the fire chief?  This traditional symbol of leadership for firefighters is very finely molded, with a great old patina.

Just when I thought I had found all the interesting weather vanes in Londonderry, this hidden gem was sent to my email.  You just never know what will turn up next! 

-------------------------------------

Heather Wilkinson Rojo, "Weathervane Wednesday ~ A Hidden Gem", Nutfield Genealogy, posted August 2, 2017, ( http://nutfieldgenealogy.blogspot.com/2017/08/weathervane-wednesday-hidden-gem.html: accessed [access date]). 

No comments:

Post a Comment